Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

My Medical App Review

This will be a review on My Medical App for iPad and Mac desktop by Hyrax Inc.
My Medical App for Mac Desktop

I bought this app initially as an iPad app years ago, probably in 2010 when I first got my iPad. I loved it right off the bat. It has many features that are necessary to track a complicated medical history, which those of us with Rheumatoid Arthritis or other chronic conditions have. It has the ability to track history for you and your entire family with the following fields:
  • Medication, with an option to make some current or past. A prescription reminder and an area for dietary supplements
  • Test Results, with to many fields to summarize here
  • Allergies
  • Immunizations
  • Surgical Procedures
  • Diagnoses
  • Episodes and Injuries
  • Physicians
  • Office Visits
  • Upcoming Test
  • and so much more…
With this app your medical history is in your hands. The mobile apps mean that you can take your history with you, so when your registering with a new doctor, you don't have to try to rack your brain for dates, injuries or medications you have it with you.

The developer has also provided an online application so that you can enter information on the go if you've forgotten your mobile device and don't have your computer handy. This online application was very useful before the Mac Application came out, allowing for quicker entry than on the iPad, even with a bluetooth keyboard. That is the only draw back that I ever notice with the iPad app, that entry was difficult because of all the fields, but I loved that the developer gave a functional option.

 I just downloaded the Mac desktop application today and am in love again. There are only 2 noticeable drawbacks that I can see so far:
  1. iCloud sync isn't functioning yet, but there is an in app transfer service allowing transfer of information between your devices as long as you are within the same wifi connection. Even better is that the develper is aware of the issue and is working towards fixing it.
  2. syncing with iCal seems to have a minor bug, or maybe it's a missing option: when you add an appointment it will sync to iCal with multiple reminders even if you've set it to only remind you at the time of the appointment. I will be turning this feature off once I get my history caught up again until a patch is sent out to fix it.
Other than that, new features are:
  • sync with iCal
  • send to device
  • and it's compatible with Mountain Lion, with a few bugs
If you are like me, with a complex medical history then this is an app for you to consider. I have found it very useful and will continue to use it. I gave this app a 5 star review in the Mac App Store and the iTunes App Store. This is definitely something I love. I cannot wait to see what comes with future updates.

If your interested in possibly purchasing this app or want more information they have a wonderful website linked above. The App is for sale in the Mac App Store for $19.99 and free in the iPad App Store. Registration for the online application is also free, and there is an option to back up your information online.

Thank you Hyrax Inc for My Medical App.

No comments:

Post a Comment